From: Markus Duft <markus.duft@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: rbu@g.o, sping@g.o, hollow@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FOSDEM 2011
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 07:32:27
1 On 08/27/2010 04:26 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > On 26-08-2010 12:07, Alex Legler wrote:
3 >> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:01:27 +0200, Markus Duft
4 >> <markus.duft@×××××××.at> wrote:
5 >
6 >>> booth registration is not yet open, i will have an eye on this too...
7 >>> (is there any interest in it anyway? who could come up with flyers,
8 >>> cds, etc.?)
9 >
10 > Any attempt to get a booth should be preceded by a serious discussion
11 > about what will be handed at the booth and who will be responsible to
12 > ensure the merchandise and promotion tools (banner?) are present. We
13 > should not forget that the experience in some of the former events
14 > wasn't "stellar".
15
16 yeah, right :)
17
18 i once worked in an advertising agency, where i can possibly get rather
19 good prices to print banners, flyers, etc. i just need them in digital
20 form. however transportation by plane is not so easy, if it's a lot.
21
22 would it be an option to send them to somebody whos going by
23 train/car/whatever? (grobian?)
26 >> The Gentoo e.V. has printed flyers a year ago. There should be plenty
27 >> left, especially in English. Talk to rbu, sping or hollow. Also,
28 >> there's other stuff like T-Shirts, see
29 >> https://www.gentoo-ev.org/wiki/Events for a few pictures.
30
31 rbu, sping, hollow: any comments? :) will any of you be there? is there
32 some stuff left over we can use?
35 >> As for CDs, we've used the 10.1 LiveDVDs, simply burned to DVD-R, but
36 >> with a nice printed label. You can expect to hand out at least 35 per
37 >> day (we gave them to people for free after a short chat).
38 >
39 > It would be great if we could get a LiveDVD release around January. It
40 > isn't simple and last year we weren't able to get it done by FOSDEM - we
41 > being mostly likewhoa. Having more people help testing and fixing
42 > packages would help.
43 > About CDs per day, I'm pretty sure we handed more than 35 on FOSDEM2009
44 > and they weren't "pretty".
45
46 if we get some funds for cds and ink from the foundaiton, i can both
47 burn and prettify (i.e. print directly on them). i guess 100 would be a
48 good number for the start?
49
50 i will request funds as soon as we've come up with a list of things we
51 need. (so waiting for rbu/sping/hollow to respond in the first place now).
52
53 markus