From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A script/binary that iterates over arguments and spits out different variants?
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 06:11:02
1 On 13:37 Thu 08 Nov 2012, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
2 > On 11/08/2012 01:18 PM, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
3 > > For a while I've been thinking that it would be sweet to feed all
4 > > variants (enabled/disabled) of several USE flags to a script to automate
5 > > testing with different USE flag combinations.
6 > >
7 > > USE=" x y"
8 > > USE="-x y"
9 > > USE=" x -y"
10 > > USE="-x -y"
11 > >
12 > > This should be so simple to script but I can't figure out how to do it.
13 > > Anyone have any ideas or a ready example script?
14 >
15 > if I'm not mistaken app-portage/tatt already can test all the possible
16 > use flag combinations of a package. it sucks a little to use but it's
17 > moderately functional.
18
19 It's used to write scripts for testing USE combinations and reverse
20 dependencies and also for stabilizing. It can filter USE flags that are
21 irrelevant like "linguas_*", etc. If 2^{number of flags} is too much it
22 will give you a random subset, etc. It can grab the necessary
23 information from bugzilla if you just give it a bugnumber and it can
24 also do many packages in one run. The scripts are created using
25 templates, so in principle it should be pretty flexible. I agree, it
26 sucks a little, but contributions are welcome.
27
28 Cheers,
29 Thomas
35 Thomas Kahle