From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] default desktop profile
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:05:12
1 Chris Gianelloni kirjoitti:
2 >
3 > One thing to remember, I do *not* consider our desktop profiles to be
4 > "opt-in" but rather to be a good out-of-box experience for the user. If
5 > you want to think of the desktop profiles as bloated, feel free to use
6 > the versioned profile (like 2007.0) instead, as it will be much closer
7 > to the opt-in idea and only has USE flags which are common between
8 > desktops and servers and are much less likely to get additional flags
9 > added to them, since I want these to be as minimal as possible while
10 > still providing important functionality.
13 That sounds good to me. It's easy enough to turn off use flags too.
14
15 Regards,
16 Petteri