From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming changes to hosting of Git repos on git.gentoo.org (NOT overlays.git.gentoo.org)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:03:18
1 On Saturday 22 January 2011 20:06:06 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > On 01/22/11 13:32, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
3 > > Well, the distinction for unofficial/official overlays happen mostly in
4 > > layman -L, I don't think users pay attention to our git repo list.
5 > > Furthermore, I got at least three requests from developers to move their
6 > > repo from user/ to dev/ (same problem when devs retired). This
7 > > distinction doesn't make any sense.
8 >
9 > Three request over what time? Compared to a screen height of user repos
10 > created, maybe that's not much.
14 > Sebastian
15
16 I'm sorry I don't share your point. I think I was quite clear, the
17 user/developer distinction (or better, the unofficial/official overlay) should
18 happen in layman list and in overlays website, not in gitolite. Take a look at
19 the current list in gitweb and tell me honestly how clear and distinct is that
20 thing for you. For the record:
21 the following overlays should move from dev/ to user/:
22 b33fc0d3, hawking, uberlord, welp
23 the following should move from user/ to dev/:
24 dilfridge
25 at least two people with user/ overlays are going to be gentoo devs soon
26 and last but not least, smithdanea overlay is useless because c1pher has a dev
27 overlay as well now
28 not to mention the proj/ list.
29 And now, imagine the state of the user/ dev/ list mess in, say, two or five
30 years
31 --
32 Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
33 Gentoo KDE/Qt, Planet, Overlays