From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: making the stable tree more up-to-date
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:26:59
1 El jue, 24-11-2011 a las 12:12 -0500, Rich Freeman escribió:
2 > On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
3 > > .should ~arch packages with no maintainer really be moved to stable?*
4 > >
5 > > (* assuming no other outside forces, like it's a dep of something else
6 > > that needs to go stable)
7 >
8 > I support stabilizing bug-free newer versions of maintainer-needed
9 > packages that already have stable versions. I'm not sure I'd extend
10 > that to stabilizing packages that have no stable versions already.
13 I agree with stabling newer version but NOT to stable maintainer-needed
14 packages that has no stable version currently :)
15
16 > I see getting stable users on the ~arch version as a win-win since it
17 > means less maintenance of older version (without a maintainer), and
18 > will likely give the stable user a more stable experience in reality
19 > than what they already have.
22 I have also seen some maintainer-needed packages need to get a newer
23 version stable to fix some old opened bugs
24
25 > Those benefits don't exist for a package that has no stable versions
26 > to begin with.
27 >
28 > Rich