From: Thomas Flavel <thomasfl@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage 1.5_pre Update
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:35:24
1 All good stuff :) One question though:
2
3 On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:18:11AM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
4 >
5 > You'll notice a new "LICENSE" setting. Developers can begin to add a LICENSE field
6 > to their ebuilds and use it to record the licensing information for the package.
7 > Examples:
8 >
9 > #you'll use this most of the time
10 > LICENSE="gpl"
11 >
12 > #for BSD-like stuff
13 > LICENSE="bsd"
14 >
15 > #if a package offers multiple licensing options
16 > LICENSE="gpl artistic"
19 If I want to specify my own home-made license, which nobody knows the name of, could
20 I put a uri here? Something like
21
22 LICENSE="gpl"
23
24 would be valid because it's already known, but for unknown licenses:
25
26 LICENSE="URI:someaddress"
27
28 which could be parsed by whatever front end is used to provide the details of the
29 license? Just a thought,
30
31 - Tom