From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OT noise (Was: Profile masking and profiles package.mask)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 17:05:48
Mike Frysinger wrote:
> seriously jakub, stop responding ... you have nothing technical to offer to > the issue at hand > > let the people who work on portage handle it > -mike
Eh, the whole technical point here is that paludis behaviour differs from portage (and differs from pkgcore, FWIW). So, hiding the inconsistency via altering the profiles doesn't change anything. Plus, the point of the bug's flame fest was that bugzilla is not a proper place to request such behaviour changes, and definitely not a reason for QA to mess with the profiles. Sticking the stuff in package.mask won't make the inconsistent behaviour vanish in any way, it will just hide it. So, I'd kinda appreciate if concerned folks (including portage and relevant affected arches) were involved in this discussion, instead of sneaking the changes in under QA disguise. Thanks. -- Best regards, Jakub Moc mailto:jakub@g.o GPG signature: http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E ... still no signature ;)