From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keyword amd64 -> x86_64
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:13:26
1 William L. Thomson Jr. a écrit :
2 > Please excuse my ignorance if this is a naive comment or has been
3 > brought up before. With all the non amd processors now with 64bit
4 > support. amd64 as a keyword seems a bit odd and off maybe.
5
6 I think we'd already discussed this a while back, and decided not to
7 change it. (I don't remember the final reasons though)
8
9 I for one don't really care, except that "x86_64" is longer to type than
10 "amd64" ;) That's the only reason I could find.
11
12 Rémi
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list