From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 03:30:07
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Friday 21 December 2007 03:41:04 Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >>> * We have to wait a year before we can use it.
4 >> We have to wait till we got a new release and I hope it isn't 12months.
5 >
6 > And then we have to wait till noone use a version of portage that sources the
7 > ebuild to get the EAPI. Unless we change the file name..
10 Not if we move the rsync path properly so
11
12 - older pm sync to a minimal try apt to upgrading portage and nothing else
13
14 - newer sync to the full tree now supporting the newer an better and
15 honey and milk eapi.
16
17 Still I think we should just postpone this discussion and get a 2008.0 out.
18
19 lu
23 Luca Barbato
24 Gentoo Council Member