From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:02:58
1 On 08/25/2010 08:29 PM, Duncan wrote:
2 > But that was pretty much decided some time ago, based on my following of
3 > the relevant discussions here and elsewhere, so why are you arguing a
4 > point that's not being argued any more? I believe that's what Mike's
5 > WTFing about. It's not that you're wrong, you're not, it's that you're
6 > debating a question that's no longer being asked.
9 See:
10 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/67098
11 and
12 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/67098
13
14 The post I replied to cited upstream issues as a reason not to adopt
15 OpenRC. My point is that upstream issues are not a distinguishing
16 factor between OpenRC and baselayout-1.
17
18 It isn't like I'm re-opening a thread from months ago. I'm replying
19 directly to a point others have raised.
20
21 If there is no debate about whether OpenRC should be adopting it, then
22 why is it even being discussed in this way? Let's just do it...
23
24 Rich