From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New multi-qt scheme
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:33:44
1 Still more trouble with qt:
2
3 the kde configures/makefiles use -lqt. Meaning they want a symlink libqt-so
4 -> libqt.so.version. When I ldd a compiled one though, it tries to resolve
5 libqt.so.majorversion so that symlink doesn't need to stay forever.
6
7 So, the temp solution is to have kde.eclass create the appropriate symlink
8 before running configure, and delete it after running make. I would certainly
9 like a better solution though. Ideas?
10
11 One way to fix this is of course to have each qt's libs in /usr/qt/{2,3}/lib.
12 Problems are: less elegant, dirs need to be added to LDPATH.
16 Dan Armak
17 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
18 Matan, Israel