From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ewarn and package upgrades
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:41:00
1 On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 7:32 AM, <portage@localhost> wrote:
2 > WARN: postinst
3 > Please rebuild both libxcb and xcb-util if you are upgrading from version 1.6
6 I've read enough warnings like this (many packages use them) that it
7 occurred to me that perhaps there should be some better way of dealing
8 with this.
9
10 I realize we have a huge discussion going on about suggested depends
11 and such which could resolve it long-term. If that really doesn't
12 work out, then perhaps at least it would be useful if it were obvious
13 in ELOG messages what the old and new version were, or some other
14 stopgap measure. Bonus points if the ebuild can figure it out and
15 only generate the warning conditionally, but I'd be happy if I could
16 just delete the message without having to figure out what version I
17 was previously running...
18
19 Rich