From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Dropping slotted boost
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:29:09
1 On 30/10/2012 13:04, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > #1 - the MAX_BOOST_VERSION thing isn't needed anymore (and i get the
3 > impression that it actually is, but putting that aside since i don't
4 > maintain any packages that depend on boost), and
5
6 It'll just behave like _every other library_ we have in the tree, as
7 Samuli and Alexis already said. And it'll follow the same policy.
8
9 > #2 - anything requiring boost gets bumped to EAPI5 to get the
10 > slot-operator benefits for rebuilds,
11
12 I'm not sure if it's strictly needed but it's fine.
15 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
16 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/