From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:34:07
1 On 22 June 2010 16:54, Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > tis 2010-06-22 klockan 15:17 +0530 skrev Arun Raghavan:
3 >> On 21 June 2010 21:23, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote:
4 >> [...]
5 >> > I'm still trying to think of a good name. I understand the concerns
6 >> > about "introspection" being too generic and non GNOME-y, but "gir" is
7 >> > likely to cause confusion.
8 >>
9 >> "gir" is not good because it gives near-zero information.
10 >>
11 >> I can still not think of short enough USE flag. I propose we stick to
12 >> "introspection". There isn't anything on the horizon that might
13 >> overlap with this flag, and I don't see why we should drop using a
14 >> simpler flag for the *possibility* that it might overlap with
15 >> something else in the future. We can deal with this if it happens.
16 >>
17 >> Cheers,
18 >
19 > Why not just gintrospection?
20
21 I still think "introspection" is easier to grok. It's unlikely that
22 it's going to be used in a completely different sense by other
23 packages in the future, so let's stick with "introspection" please.
26 Arun Raghavan
27 http://arunraghavan.net/
28 (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)