From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 4.1.1 testing/stablization and glibc 2.4
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:36:30
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > OK, guys, I was speaking with vapier earlier about the possibility of
3 > getting gcc 4.1.1 stable for the 2006.1 release. We've managed to build
4 > some release media with it, and are planning on doing more testing with
5 > it. What we really need is for more people to test this on various
6 > platforms and to get all of the bugs worked out that we can. We're
7 > already ramping up our release cycle, and would like to get this
8 > included, so we don't have to wait until 2007 for a release with >= GCC
9 > 4.1 in it.
10
11 That would be really cool. I'm already been testing both this and the
12 glibc on the ~1500 packages installed on my x86, plus the Pegasos ppc
13 and iBook I've got around. I'll do the same on sparc as soon as it shows
14 up in ~arch there.
15
16 > We are also testing glibc 2.4, which will likely go to stable on the
17 > supporting architectures during the release cycle. We always welcome
18 > more testing, though. =]
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie