From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: ion license
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 22:19:24
1 Hi,
2 recently, there's been some worries about the changes and new
3 requirements the ion upstream, tuomov, put forth in a new LICENSE for
4 ion-3. It's main additions are a "timely response clause", which
5 requires us to get the same keywords for a newly released version as the
6 previous had within 28 days. Another point is the "no patches" clause,
7 which prohibits distributions from carrying a "significantly modified"
8 ion-3 release under the ion name.
9
10 As this changes are not properly reflected in any existing license in
11 our tree, i'd like to add the attached original license. I'm still
12 undecided about a name for it.
13 The new release candidate will be up in the tree once a new name is
14 decided.
15
16 For reference, all the flames, announcements and discussion are in this
17 links:
18 https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/ion-general/2007-May/002013.html
19 https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/ion-general/2007-April/001959.html
20 http://archlinux.org/pipermail/tur-users/2007-April/004634.html