From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: m68k, s390, and sh are dropping stable keywords
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:57:54
1 >>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2
3 > if the entire tree is fine with some arch being at ~ and no dependencies
4 > are broken, that could counted as 'stable' too.
5 > then setting it from 'dev' to 'stable' will just make sure nobody breaks
6 > the perfect record of no dependencies broken.
7
8 The problem with that is that we don't track the keyword status of an
9 arch anywhere in profiles, so tools like ekeyword or ebuild-mode in
10 Emacs have no way of obtaining that information (other than hardcoding
11 it).
12
13 We tried to rectify the situation in bug 304133, but it didn't work out.
14
15 > it might be useful to have another status added to the profiles.desc for
16 > that case, like 'semi-stable' or whatever since amd64-fbsd might not fit
17 > either, 'dev' or 'stable' :/
18
19 Either that, or add another file to the profiles dir.
20
21 Ulrich