From: Peter Kadau <peter.kadau@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Several questions
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 05:25:42
1 hi !
2
3 > > afaik, there are plans to provide an uninstall feature in the
4 > > high-level emerge command.
5 >
6 > Yes, a better way of unmerging would be nice. eunmerge perhaps?, making
7 > emerge unmerge seems a little strange to me.
10 why not "emerge <ebuild> uninstall" ?
11
12 > I guess we could make an eunmerge, and whatever more we want then do a
13 > epkg tool that takes flags (if one wants just one tool for controlling
14 > portage).
15 >
16 > epkg --install gnumeric-0.68.ebuild (short -i)
17 > epkg --remove gnumeric (short -r)
18 > epkg --update gnumeric (short -u)
19 >
20 > I also thinkt that we should add the ability to just do
21 >
22 > epkg -i gnumeric (which takes the latest non-blocked gnumeric-package
23 > and emerges it).
24
25 yeah, a packaging system should be able to handle the version stuff on its own.
26
27 > epkg -i gnome-office/gnumeric should also be valid.
28 >
29 > Regards,
30 > Mikael Hallendal
31
32 and with a tool like epkg in mind, one could merge the idea
33 of having a local portage-tree and let epkg look there first by default.
34
35 less than $0.02 of mine
36
37 ciao
38 peter
39
41 peter kadau
42 email: peter.kadau@×××.de
43 open source is no religion - it just produces the most reliable software
46 1.000.000 DM gewinnen - kostenlos tippen - http://millionenklick.web.de
47 IhrName@×××.de, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de