From: Torsten Veller <ml-en@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Individual developer signing
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:12:48
1 * "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>:
2 > The GLEP on Individual developer signing has not made it into a Draft
3 > yet.
4 >
5 > But you can view the very brief version here:
6 > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/users/robbat2/tree-signing-gleps/02-developer-process-security?view=markup
7
8 [...]
9
10 > > 2. Every developer signs everything 100% of the time (make it a QA
11 > > check).
12 > +1 on this.
13
14 In the GLEPs i missed the point where the signatures of Manifests are verified.
15 Only the MetaManifest gets verified.
16
17 So what's the advantage of individually signed Manifests?
18
19 The only thing we can check: Is the key used for signing listed in ldap
20 (and thus in "the keyring of automated Gentoo keys")? Are the keys in ldap
21 really mine?
22
23 Do I miss anything?
26 BTW: About a third of the Manifests are signed [1]. We didn't improve
27 since 2005/2006 [2]. The two parties are working hard against each other [3].
28 55 Manifests are signed by revoked keys [4].
29
30 [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~tove/stats/gentoo-x86/Manifest/Manifest.png
31 [2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~tove/stats/gentoo-x86/Manifest/ratio_2005.png
32 [3] http://dev.gentoo.org/~tove/stats/gentoo-x86/Manifest/Manifest2.png