From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About using a CONFIGURATION (or SETUP) file under /usr/share/doc for configuration information
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 23:10:22
1 El lun, 24-12-2012 a las 00:30 +0100, Pacho Ramos escribió:
2 > El lun, 24-12-2012 a las 00:17 +0100, Diego Elio Pettenò escribió:
3 > > On 23/12/2012 23:54, Pacho Ramos wrote:
4 > > > The idea would be to make it to be only shown at first message and,
5 > > > later, rely on people reading /usr/share/doc/e4rat-xxx/CONFIGURATION
6 > > > file if they want to remember that tip
7 > >
8 > > So you want in the main documentation a request to read the package
9 > > documentation on where to find the upstream documentation?
12 > I want to have a permanent reference of current elog messages simply
13 > showing configuration tips to:
14 > 1. Show them via elog messages only first time package is installed
15 > 2. Not need to read ebuild directly once people remove summary.log
18 More examples I saw today when updating:
19 - lm_sensors -> shows configuration tips every time it's merged, the
20 idea would be to show it via elog only at first merge and, later, rely
21 on /usr/share/doc file
22 - nvidia-drivers -> things like telling people to add them to video
23 group could be treated in the same way, the same probably for eselect
24 instructions.