List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Christian Faulhammer wrote:
> That's a nice starting point to have a look if they aren't installed
> they are unpopular or because they fail to build (which makes them a
> candidate for removal).
I'm not following - how would we find out about the reason a package is
never reported installed?
I've been working on the least-installed reporting stuff today.
For now I have split it in two halves:
(1) a top N least-installed packages table
(only looking at packages with one install or more)
(2) an plaintext file with a list of _all_ packages with zero
Latter is linked from the report's TOC on the main page, too.
Benefits I see with this approach include:
- Complete zero-installs data is presented, not excerpts
- Still, the report does not explode
- Suitable for further machine-processing
Small adjustments to this behaviour should be no problem.