I'm working on the `Package statistics` project this year. Till now, I
have managed to write a client and server to collect the following
information from hosts:
* Uname, portage profile, timestamp of portage tree
* ARCH, CHOST, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FFLAGS, LDFLAGS, MAKEOPTS
* ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, FEATURES, USE, LANG, SYNC, GENTOO_MIRRORS
* Repository, Keyword, Useflags (plus,minus,unset), Counter, Size,
and Build time for each installed package
Is there a need to collect files installed by a package ? Doesn't PFL
already provide that ?
Please provide some feedback on what other data should be collected, etc.
Also, I'm starting work on the webUI, and would like some
recommendations for stats pages, such as:
* Packages installed sorted by users
* Top arches, keywords, profiles
* Most enabled, disabled useflags per package/globally