List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hello fellow developers and users.
Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2009/2010 are now open for the next
two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 14/06/2009).
All nominations must be sent to the gentoo-dev mailing list. If you
were nominated and want to run, you have to accept your nomination on
the same mailing list.
Here are the rules:
* Council elections generally happen once a year
* The council is composed of seven elected members
* Nominations are allowed from June 1st 00H00 UTC to June 14th 23H59 UTC
* Only Gentoo developers may be nominated
* Anyone can nominate (nominating yourself is OK)
* Nominees must accept their nomination before voting begins
* Voting is opened from June 16th 00H00 UTC to June 30th 23H59 UTC
(there is one day of break between nominations and voting so the
infra team has time to set up everything)
* Only Gentoo developers may vote
* Gentoo uses the Condorcet method of voting
The page listing all nominations is here:
If you don't know what the Gentoo Council is, you can read about it here:
If you want to ask a question or share your thoughts, contact any of
the election officials:
Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto (jmbsvicetto)
Łukasz Damentko (rane)
Roy Bamford (neddyseagoon)
Shyam Mani (fox2mike) will be doing infra magic.
You can send us an e-mail (gentoo-elections at gentoo dot org) or find
us on Freenode (#gentoo-elections, #gentoo-dev, so on).
For the elections team,
Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / SPARC / KDE
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----