List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Current State of Universal Select Tool - uselect
uselect implementation started a few weeks before SoC officially started
to "de-rust" myself on python programming.
Here follows a checklist of what it already does right now.
* modules syntax defined
* modules support any scripting language
* module conversion from eselect to uselect are very easy (even when not
* per-user/system-wide actions
* simple symlinking actions are defined in 1 line only. uselect does all
* changing a user python interpreter through adding ~/.uselect/bin to
PATH through /etc/profile (is this the better way?)
* look deeper into eselect already implemented functions that most
modules use (by using inherit) and see what is uselect still lacking
* define profiling system (nice thread on gentoo-dev on this)
* start the profile system implementation
* start using gentoo's git
* At this point I am ahead on schedule because of my early start. With
this I have plenty of time to implement features that were not described
on the proposal.
* Soon I will push the code into gentoo's git. If you have time, take a
look at it. Hope these reports are taken also as a "call for ideas".
Hope I'm not lacking any information. I'm loving working with Gentoo on
this. Learned a lot until now.
Sérgio Almeida - mephx.x@...
mephx @ freenode
signature.asc (This is a digitally signed message part)