List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
I've patch portage.py (VERSION="2.0.47-r10") and ebuild.sh to use a
new variable in make.conf. The new variable is DISTDIRS="directory1
The purpose of this is to allow people to have distfiles in multiple
locations (ie. cdrom, nfs, etc).
1. Look in DISTDIR for files (as normal)
2. If not found, traverse through all directories in DISTDIRS looking
3. Set a new environment variable (DDIR) pointing to correct directory
holding the files.
4. ebuild.sh will use DDIR if set instead of DISTDIR.
1. I couldn't really figure out what the envirnoment variables A and
AA were meant for.
2. I thought it best to avoid messing with the envirnoment variable
DISTDIR to avoid confusion/problems (hence the new DDIR).
3. How can I get the latest cvs copy of portage as I would assume
people would want a diff against that.
This will need further testing/fixing as I've only spent a few hours
on it and I'm a non-python user.
Anyone doing something like this or anyone have any comments?
There is no good and evil; there is only power.
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list