List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
I've discovered gentoo a few days ago and it looks very promising, but
it's still very rought
on the edges, I havent completly switched to it but it's under process.
A few comments:
1) the CD image:
- an SMP kernel would be nice.
- missing gunzip links disables keyboard layout (nasty for non qwerty
users) and manpages
- install procedure on the cd
- md5sum of the iso image
2) the ebuild system, it great! but:
- why linking to ftp.ibiblio.org as primary site?
- when hordes of maniacs and fans will charge to it, it won't be
- maybe a list of mirrors by continents?
- why java depends on x11, I need it for cocoon, I know I can edit
the script by hand, but...
3) willing to help on my spare time (between college and work):
- ebuild scripts
- php, sql, python