List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Le 06/05/2009 08:49, Christian Faulhammer a écrit :
> any project lead/member can post an answer to this mail for a status
X11 Herd Status Update
Short term or recently done :
- 1.5.3-r5 went stable (I'm sure y'all noticed)
- there will be another 1.5 stable server within a few weeks
- 1.6.x will go into ~arch pretty soon
- alpha is pretty much the only arch that doesn't have 1.5 keyword but
thanks to frequent poking, things should change pretty soon
- 1.3 and 1.4 will get p.masked as soon as alpha and arm stabilize 1.5.3,
- 1.3 will get treecleaned during the summer, 1.4 maybe a bit later...
- the X11 overlay now has support for the nouveau driver and Gallium
(thanks to a few external but essential contributors)
Medium term :
- libxcb 1.2 will be moved to portage once we figure out a sane way to
handle the disappearance of libxcb-x11.so. For those who haven't heard
or seen what happens during the upgrade, let's just say that the upgrade
from expat 1.95 to 2.0 was a walk in the park compared to this.
- continue cleaning up useless libs and protos
Longer term :
- major Docs overhaul, what we have now is a complete mess. Any help
with this is greatly appreciated. See  for a short todo list.
- try to keep up with upstream X, even if it means upsetting some
users. Actually forcing folks to upgrade to 1.5 has been very
beneficial, a lot of bugs were uncovered and reported upstream.
Intel Driver Status Update
- 2.6.3 is the current stable
- 2.7.0 is still p.masked, 2.7.1 will likely go in ~arch when it's out
- The next stable driver will probably be 2.8 once xorg-server 1.6 is
in portage and deemed stable enough.
- The upcoming 2.8 branch will have a lot less code and options (no
more DRI1, XAA, EXA, ...), making it easier to maintain and to use.