List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Several JDBC updates went through today.
* Updated Oracle, 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 for JDBC2 and JDBC3, slotted
* Added packages for Firebird JDBC2 (1.3) and JDBC3 (1.4) drivers
* Updated dev-java/jdbc2-postgresql with drivers for 7.4.
* Updated dev-java/jdbc-mysql with version 3.0.15.
* Updated dev-java/jdbc-mssqlserver with SP3
* Updated dev-java/jdbc-informix
* Fixed dev-java/jdbc-stdext to install API docs.
All updates are ~arch for testing.
Oracle 10 coming soon... I don't have an Oracle 10 db to test against, so
this would be an act of faith. If you are running 10, help me work on an
Also, if there are drivers that you need that are not represented in the
tree (for DB2 or whatever), let me know... or better yet, submit ebuilds.
If there isn't any legal restriction (beyond nomirror/nofetch), it will
get added to the tree promptly.
Also, all JDBC packages are from upstream binaries. There is some desire
to build what we can-- say, Postgresql's driver-- from source. While I'm
not opposed to this, I think I prefer all JDBC drivers as binary ebuilds
because Oracle, Informix, SQL Server, etc are going to be binary
regardless. It's just easier if they're taken from upstream binaries, as
there's no advantage that I can see to building from source in this
circumstance (except to live by the Gentoo-ish principle of always
building from source when possible).
Dylan Carlson [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F
email@example.com mailing list