As I'm sure many of you will know, the updated apache and associated ebuilds
(so-called apache refresh) have caused a number of problems since coming out
of package.mask and going into testing. As a result, we have a number of
packages that simply do not function with the updated apache ebuilds,
rendering testing (on the apache side of things) broken.
Currently, we have at least two (possibly three) weeks worth of work to do
before we can mark things stable, so these breakages will likely exist until
A number of people have suggested putting these updated ebuilds back into
package.mask, or lessening the impact of the upgrade from current stable
apache to the new ~arch apache. So, I would like to solicit advice from the
developer community as to how we can rectify this.
The way I see it, we have three options:
- package.mask (downgrades for those early adopters)
- keep the same layout (/etc/apache2/conf, etc.) and wait until 2.2 is out to
- have the newer apache ebuilds migrate from old-style to new-style config
(very hard to do, but possible)
Personally, I'm for package.masking, heh. Let the flames commence.
Elfyn McBratney http://beu.merseine.nu/
PGP Key ID: 0x69DF17AD
PGP Key Fingerprint:
DBD3 B756 ED58 B1B4 47B9 B3BD 8D41 E597 69DF 17AD