List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Does anyone know why net-irc/xchat uses the local USE flag xchatnogtk
instead of looking at the global flag gtk?
net-irc/xchat:xchatnogtk - Disables building the GTK front end to XChat
gtk - Adds support for x11-libs/gtk+ (The GIMP Toolkit)
Seems like xchatnogtk is simply duplicating the intended effect of -gtk
By the way, I checked Bugzilla in case this had already be raised and
Also, a small etiquette question resulting from this email:
In future, should queries like this be sent:
1. directly to the maintainer of the package (using the herd email alias
when no specific maintainer is listed in metadata.xml)?
2. to gentoo-dev (since it's ebuild-related)?
3. to gentoo-user (so the devs can continue important discussions on
4. bugzilla (although who am I to second-guess devs, esp if there turns
out to be a perfectly good reason for it)?
5. some mysterious place as-yet-unknown-to-me place? :-)
Thanks in advance
email@example.com mailing list