List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
I have just released genkernel 3.4.11 to the testing tree.
From a high level point of view this release brings:
- Slightly faster startup
- Updated versions of busybox, LVM, e2fsprogs/blkid
- A few new features, e.g. GnuPG support
- A bunch of bug fixes (see below)
Below you can find details on the changes since 126.96.36.1998.
Besides the people contributing bug reports special thanks go to:
- Amadeusz Zolnowski (LVM update)
- Christian Giessner (UUID crypt_root)
- dacook (GnuPG 1.x support)
- Denis Kaganovich (Busybox patch porting)
- devsk (Multi-device patch)
- Fabio Erculiani (Slowusb fixes)
- Kai Dietrich (Symlink analysis)
- Kolbjorn Barmen (Arithmetic fix)
Please open bugs for any issues you run into.
217959 Add GnuPG 1.x support
315467 Add support for UUID to crypt_root
303529 Add minimal btrfs support
267383 Add virtio support by updating LVM
244651 Run "make firmware_install" if CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL != y
291822 Update e2fsprogs/blkid to 1.41.14
331971 Update busybox to 1.18.1
255196 Update LVM to 2.02.74
351047 Do not sleep after vgscan
271528 Handle missing kernel .config better
323317 Improve slowusb handling
246370 Check return codes of cpio
307855 Create /bin/vg* symlinks when called as /linuxrc, too
303531 Pick first device when several devices are matching real_root
347213 Fix warning "cannot remove `/var/cache/genkernel/src'"
326593 Allow configuring the list of busybox applets
339789 Fix arithmetic bug in defaults/initrd.scripts
Thanks for your interest.