List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:59:28 -0500
Doug Klima <email@example.com> wrote:
* EAPI may only be set before the 'inherit' in an ebuild.
* Eclasses may not set EAPI.
* Eclasses may not assume a particular EAPI.
* If an eclass needs to work with multiple EAPIs, EAPI-specific code
should be split out into foo-eapiBLAH.eclass, and EAPI-agnostic code
and a conditional inherit should remain in foo.eclass.
* Eclasses cannot be made not to work with any given EAPI. If such
functionality is desirable, someone needs to file an EAPI request for
permitting an alternative to 'die' that is legal in global scope.