List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
following is the Council Agenda proposal for the upcoming meeting on
Monday, July 26th.
* allow all members to show up (5 min)
** vote **
add --as-needed to default profile's LDFLAGS
** discuss / vote **
- required-use: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/required-use.html
- review eclass removal policy
should it be 2 years since portage 22.214.171.124 went stable?
- should there a policy about eclass API changes?
- use of invalid DEPEND atom "EAPI_TOO_OLD" instead of calling die in
global scope on eclasses
- mailing lists
should we post council agenda to -council? -dev? -project?
some devs suggest we should cross-post to -dev and -council
but not everyone likes cross-posting as it can lead to fragmentation
Petteri suggested punting -council and using -project instead
* go through bugs assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
* open floor: listen to developers
If you have something urgent not included above, please reply to this
Note that I haven't added a duration to anything but the rollcall.
Instead, I recommend we follow a 10 minutes per topic rule.
If a topic's discussion passes the 10 minute mark without reaching a
decision, we move further discussion to the mailing lists.
If we need to vote for that topic, we move it to the next agenda
with a *vote* flag.
Items with a *vote* flag cannot be moved a second time (unless there's
new data to consider), so they must be settled at that agenda's meeting,
in an attempt to avoid endless discussions.
What do you think?
Alex Alexander :: wired