List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
- binutils-2.22 in ~arch should work fine
- glibc-2.14.1-r1 in ~arch includes support when "x32" is in MULTILIB_ABIS
- linux-headers-3.1 includes support when "x32" is in MULTILIB_ABIS
- you'll still need gcc-4.7 from the toolchain overlay
- a 3.1 kernel can be obtained here: https://github.com/hjl-tools/linux
the only problem is with bootstrapping. there is no way atm to live migrate
between multilibs on your system. this isn't a new problem ... we've been
punting all bugs where people try to go from MULTILIB_ABIS="amd64" to "x86
amd64" on a live system. same issue applies when adding "x32" to the list.
i've been contemplating how to address this, but so far, it seems like the
easiest is to post a glibc binpkg which includes all possible ABIs and have
people install that first. then they should be able to install gcc/linux-
headers freely and rebuild glibc after that.
signature.asc (This is a digitally signed message part.)