List Archive: gentoo-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Nicholas Hockey wrote:
> well there is a reason that the base system is set up a certain way,
> it's so that when you do run the bootstrap it will compile, in Linux
> there is no real "base system" as there is in freebsd, so the only
> logical way around this is to build a good foundation, which is well
> known to build a complete system, at the sacrifice of time.
Ok, let's simulate the installation process...
1) I preapare everything according to the Install Guide
2) I set up my make.conf the way I want it, with ~x86
3) I run bootstrap.sh; it ignores my "unstable" choice and builds a
"stable" base system
4) I run emerge system and then complete the installation
5) later, I run emerge --sync and emerge -u --deep system; it now
follows my "unstable" choice and brings in all those packages
The net result is just that "sacrifice of time" you mentioned...
> or they could do it your way, by the way i have some cheap land in
> Florida, right next to the river, i'll sell it to you, by your standards
> it should be a great place to build a house
> (sorry if this sounds rude i just thought this would be a good comparison)
Sorry, I don't get your point... (and I did't take it as rude)
O serviço de busca mais completo da Internet. O que você pensar o Yahoo! encontra.
email@example.com mailing list