From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Cc: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] Mutually exclusive USE flags
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:23:04
1 On Saturday 30 January 2010 18:31:35 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > What's the best way to have an ebuild abort if two mutually exclusive
3 > USE flags are both set?
4 >
5 > I'm trying the modify the mozilla-firefox and xulrunner ebuilds to
6 > support building with OSS instead of ALSA (sadly, the current versions
7 > of the ebuilds in Portage only allow ALSA to be enabled, not OSS), but
8 > the build system of Xulrunner/Firefox does not allow to build with both.
9 > So I need to abort when both "alsa" and "oss" are set rather than having
10 > the build proceed and the user getting a compilation error later on.
11
12 put a check into pkg_setup() that does ewarn's on conflicting USE flags, and
13 then have the rest of the ebuild pick a sensible default. in the case of oss
14 vs alsa, the latter would be the sensible default.
15 -mike