From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] ebuild maintainers
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:32:14
1 > There are developers who will commit for you, but I am unsure how to
2 > find them (proxy-maint@g.o just goes to masterdriverz and he
3 > isn't the only guy doing it).
4 Well, considering that ebuild in question is destined for sci-mathematics it
5 makes sense to write to sci, or even better sci-mathematics@g.o and
6 ask for a proxy maintainer. (BTW, at the quick glance your ebuild looked Ok,
7 although I did not look very carefully)
8
9 However I would suggest taking a bit more active stance and going with science
10 overlay. If you are going to be maintaining one package, why not create a 2nd
11 or a 3rd one or pick up some that are still in bugzilla but not in the tree.
12 You may search for the bugs assigned to sci or sci-mathematics that have a
13 maintainer-wanted (or just look through all belonging to these herds) and
14 pick the ones you are interested in. Start by updating/correcting some of
15 them, then ask for the commit rights to science overlay. Eventually you might
16 even want to try becoming a full developer ;).
17
18 George
19 --
20 gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o mailing list