From: Henry Gebhardt <hsggebhardt@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] CPAN Modules
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:44:30
1 On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Michael Hammer <michael@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I am writing an ebuild for ikiwki. That's a wiki compiler written in
3 > Perl which uses a few modules from CPAN. At least it needs
4 >
5 > Text::Markdown
6 > URI
7 > HTML::Parser
8 > HTML::Template
9 > HTML::Scrubber
10 >
11 > Depending on some non global USE I would need a few more CPAN modules
12 > I have to install. I would like to use g-cpan but there are a few
13 > things which aren't nice to implement.
14 >
15 > * I've asked myself if anybody already has made some kind of function
16 > set (eclass?) for automatically install CPAN modules.
17 >
18 > * If I am installing g-cpan as dependency and the user has no overlay
19 > defined temporary ebuilds are created to install the Modules but
20 > they aren't tracked for update or removal if no longer
21 > needed. That's not very cute.
22 >
23 > * The other possibility I see is to create an ebuild for each CPAN
24 > module I need. Does that conflict with the idea of g-cpan?
25 >
26 > Thanks for any help in advance
27
28 I'd also be interested in the proper way to handle this. Have you
29 found a solution?
30
31 In particular, I am looking at the following modules from cpan:
32
33 Tk::DataTree
34 IPC::XPA
35