From: Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] Re: ebuild environment
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:09:31
Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 08/11/2009 11:42 PM, Thomas Kahle wrote: >> Hi, >> >> I'm having some autotools trouble. In an ebuild I use sed to modify >> configure.ac with something like >> >> sed "s/\"-lntl\"/\"-lntl\" \"-lgf2x -lntl\"/" -i "${S}/configure.ac" >> >> make configure is run by the ebuild after this! > > "make configure"? Don't you need eautoreconf?
I dont know. I suppose not. How this package is supposed to be compiled is: make configure configure make make install since I do the sed'ing of configure.ac before 'make configure' (which created 'configure' script in the first place) I assume that eautoreconf is not needed. I still tried it in 'various places' but no success. Let me say again that I checked that the configure script is actually modified and running the parts of the ebuild outside of portage works as it should. -- Thomas Kahle The fundamental theorem of algebra is open source. Like any other mathematical theorem it can be applied free of charge and everybody has access to its proof and can convince himself how it works. Why should software be any different?