From: Nathan Phillip Brink <binki@g.o>
To: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] PYTHON_DEPEND syntax
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:19:31
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 05:25:47PM +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand PYTHON_DEPEND. If I have a package that works > with Python 2.6 and newer (like 2.7), but is incompatible with 3.x > versions, how do I state that? What I want is: > > >= 2.6 && < 3
I think that the correct syntax for this would be PYTHON_DEPEND="2:2.6" if I'm reading the docs for _python_parse_PYTHON_DEPEND() correctly. Are you installing a python module or just something which uses python? For a module, you will need to define PYTHON_RESTRICT_ABIS to "2.[1-5] 3" after setting SUPPORT_PYTHON_ABIS=1 and doing all the magic to support multiple ABIs (which might be none if you're using distutils). There is useful information at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/Python/developersguide.xml too. -- binki Look out for missing or extraneous apostrophes!