From: Steven J Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] Re: Re: LINGUAS vs LANGUAGES
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 19:42:41
Steven J Long wrote:

> since the metadata generation phase is a > restricted subset of SH, leave alone BASH, at least aiui. >
Er that's wrong; that applies to make.conf not ebuilds; I recall hearing "full BASH is required for metadata generation" several times on -dev. Given that, saving a fork during cache building (or indeed at any time) is A Good Idea™, even when we're not on crippleDOS. -- #friendly-coders -- We're friendly but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)