From: Steven J Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] Re: Re: LINGUAS vs LANGUAGES
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 19:42:41
1 Steven J Long wrote:
2
3 > since the metadata generation phase is a
4 > restricted subset of SH, leave alone BASH, at least aiui.
5 >
6 Er that's wrong; that applies to make.conf not ebuilds; I recall
7 hearing "full BASH is required for metadata generation" several times
8 on -dev.
9
10 Given that, saving a fork during cache building (or indeed at any time) is A
11 Good Idea™, even when we're not on crippleDOS.
14 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)