From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] package.env files error: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `}'
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 12:56:34
package.env really hates me.  It seems I can do nothing useful with it.
  I'm trying to remove a compiler flag:

   CFLAGS=${CFLAGS//-flto/}
   CXXFLAGS=${CXXFLAGS//-flto/}
   LDFLAGS=${LDFLAGS//-flto/}

However:

"/etc/portage/env/no-lto.conf", line 2: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching `}'
"/etc/portage/env/no-lto.conf", line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching `}'
"/etc/portage/env/no-lto.conf", line 4: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching `}'
  /"/etc/portage/env/no-lto.conf", line 2: unexpected EOF while looking
for matching `}'
"/etc/portage/env/no-lto.conf", line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching `}'
"/etc/portage/env/no-lto.conf", line 4: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching `}'

The string replacement syntax looks correct to me.  What am I doing wrong?