From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devhelp] Re: Bugzilla Questions
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:35:16
1 Thomas Kahle wrote:
2 > how to handle the following situation. A packet fails to build or run. I
3 > try the ~ Version and this works.
4 > This the state of the panels and pagers in gentoo :)
5 > I have this problem (on my machine) for: perlpanel, suxpanel, obpager,
6 > fspager, fbpager, fbpanel... and maybe more.
7 > fbpanel and obpager are fixed since yesterday (see bugzilla).
8 >
9 > Shall I
10 > *) file a bug on the stable version
11 > *) Request stabilization for the ~ version (if it does not have other
12 > open bugs)
13 > *) contact anyone else ?
14 >
15 > I found that, if I file a bug against a stable version of some package,
16 > Jakub will ask me to test the ~version. Then usually this version works.
17 >
18 I'd file a stabilisation request; there's a tip here about it:
19 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4814915.html#4814915
20 That would be most useful for others imo.
24 gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o mailing list