From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-devhelp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devhelp] dodoc vs directories
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 18:05:44
1 >>>>> "TS" == Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> writes:
2
3 TS> Please give me some common example for such a failure.
4
5 libgit2 is the one which sent me on the search, but there were several
6 which failed in install due to dodoc calls.
7
8 TS> So if dodoc does just qawarn, how should ebuilds now fail with dodoc
9 TS> called on directories?
10
11 The log does not have dodoc's qawarn, but rather doins's error message.
12 The ebuild, OTOH, just calls 'dodoc doc/*'.
13
14 Also, removing the 'failed|=$?' from doins allows dodoc to succeed.
15
16 Therfore, dodoc calls doins.
17
18 TS> I currently cannot really see your problem, maybe you mixed some facts
19 TS> about dodoc and doins? Otherwise, please clarify this.
20
21 Nope. See above.
22
23 -JimC