From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Proposal of Change to the Gentoo User Relations Project
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:15:48
1 On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:07:47 +0000 George Prowse
2 <cokehabit2003@××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 | We have some developers who use the forums a lot, like the ones i
4 | pointed out to you earlier. I can imagine that one of the main reasons
5 | that developers dont use the forums is that they prefer to spend their
6 | time developing their Gentoo projects while others find the time to
7 | help those who need it on the forums.
8
9 Perhaps you should ask, rather than imagine. For at least some other
10 developers I've asked, this isn't why they avoid the forums.
11
12 | That has been noted and Ian! is building a new search function from
13 | scratch. Other things that would possibly help would be the ability to
14 | exclude forums from the search and perhaps splitting some of the
15 | forums up.
16
17 And being able to tag a thread with a package name...
18
19 | Perhaps if you treated people with a little more respect then they
20 | would have some more for you. If you have a complaint take it up with
21 | devrel, you are in the correct place.
22
23 Eh, easier to just not use the forums except when someone points
24 something out to me.
25
26 | > Neither of these answers will, on its own, be enough to help you
27 | > solve the "not enough developers on the forums" issue. Nor will it
28 | > help if you claim that "the forums are fine as they are". Why not
29 | > try finding out from other developers why they think the forums are
30 | > not fine?
31 |
32 | Why bother when we have you to speak for all developers?
33
34 Do you think that that attitude will help get more developers onto the
35 forums?
38 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
39 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
40 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm