From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 00:33:57
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:54:01 -0400 Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
| No, mostly it does a lot to accomplish castrating devrel and making
| it ineffective.
|
| We have a working council now, that means if somebody feels devrel
| is acting unfairly or not being open enough there's a body to appeal
| to.

So you are aiming for a trigger-happy devrel that tries its hardest to
kick off anyone it feels like, whilst relying upon the council to keep
it honest?

If it ever gets to the stage of the council overruling devrel, I'd hope
that the council would also impose sanctions against devrel to
discourage them from abusing their power again. If the council does
ever have to overrule devrel, it suggests that something is seriously
wrong with devrel's procedures...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm