From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 02:06:56
1 On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 01:35:15AM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:54:01 -0400 Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
3 > | No, mostly it does a lot to accomplish castrating devrel and making
4 > | it ineffective.
5 > |
6 > | We have a working council now, that means if somebody feels devrel
7 > | is acting unfairly or not being open enough there's a body to appeal
8 > | to.
9 >
10 > So you are aiming for a trigger-happy devrel that tries its hardest to
11 > kick off anyone it feels like, whilst relying upon the council to keep
12 > it honest?
13
14 No, I am aiming for a rational devrel structure instead of just adding
15 three million layers of red tape that don't accomplish anything.
16
17 As usual you'd like to spin it as devrel runs around suspending people
18 left and right and needs to be on a short leash; we've had very few
19 incidents requiring disciplinary action and it's never been taken
20 lightly.
21
22 I don't really care either way, I'm not actively involved in devrel
23 anymore and it's just not my problem, but I'd rather not see it made
24 ineffective because a few people are scared devrel might bring the
25 hammer down for their behavior.
28 Jon Portnoy
29 avenj/irc.freenode.net
30 --