From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Proposal of Change to the Gentoo User Relations Project
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:05:08
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:23:51 +0000 George Prowse
<cokehabit2003@××××××××.uk> wrote:
| Well for at least some other developers it is working ok, that isn't
| to say that it couldn't work better but the forums are a constantly
| changing project.

You said it yourself. "Too few developers use the forums". To me, this
suggests that one should consider *why* many developers do not use the
forums, rather than assuming that because a few developers do, they
must be fine.

| > | Perhaps if you treated people with a little more respect then they
| > | would have some more for you. If you have a complaint take it up
| > | with devrel, you are in the correct place.
| >
| > Eh, easier to just not use the forums except when someone points
| > something out to me.
|
| It seems that from some users that was the intention.

Which again points to a possible reason that too few developers use the
forums.

| > |
| > | Why bother when we have you to speak for all developers?
| >
| > Do you think that that attitude will help get more developers onto
| > the forums?
| >
| pot..? kettle..? dark colour..?

Do you think that *that* attitude will help too?

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm