From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 03:18:29
On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 09:51:12PM -0500, Paul Varner wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 16:41 -0500, Deedra Waters wrote: > > The devrel members who first approached me on this think that this is > > too much red tape for something that 1, is literally probably going to > > almost never be used 2, it's going to take too long to do anything with, > > and take too long to get results that are going to make people happy, > > and 3 most of them agreed to this policy because at the time it looked > > like the best option. In looking back at it, it's not the best option, > > so they want something less complicated. > > > > 1. If it is almost never used, where is the extra red-tape?
The point is not taking forever and a day to respond when things do happen.
> 2. Why is it going to take too long to get results?
Because there will be endless meetings and discussions.
People took a step back from trying to just do whatever it takes to please the handful of "devrel == stalin" folks -- Jon Portnoy avenj/irc.freenode.net -- gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list