From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Suspended devs and -core
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:27:09
My understanding is that a dev who is suspended loses all access to
-core.  Is that right?  Assuming so, it occurs to me that if we expect
the dev to come back (and I assume we do, or the dev would be expelled
instead of suspended), then perhaps it would make more sense to only remove
write access to -core, while leaving read access?  An alternative would
be if we archived -core, and the newly reinstated dev could then read
the archives, but read-only access seems simpler.  The rationale is that
in those rare cases where suspended devs return, it benefits Gentoo if
the suspended dev is able to stay up to date.

Thougnts or comments?

Thanks,
g2boojum
--